Why you might be underestimating the power of signage and physical space branding, in an ever digitalised world.
Before we delve into the topic of ‘branding’ it would perhaps be appropriate to define exactly what it is:
“The process involved in creating a unique name and image for a product in the consumers’ mind, mainly through advertising campaigns with a consistent theme. Branding aims to establish a significant and differentiated presence in the market that attracts and retains loyal customers.”
Source: Business Dictionary
It’s no mystery to any forward thinking person that ‘Branding’ is one of the most integral aspects to any organisation’s overall success and longevity. If you try and
Add to this the rapid influx of social media and online presence in the last 5-10 years, competition is bigger than it’s ever been and it’s more important than ever that organisations ranging from: businesses, to hospitals, to charities and the government to take branding seriously.
This being understood, it is astounding the number of establishments that completely disregard signage when thinking about branding. I urge you to think of the last time you bought something in a showroom or store. The subtle layout, cleanliness and general effort put into the details of the physical space you buy/discuss in makes a significantly large conscious and subconscious impact on visitors and potential clients.
Signage plays one of the most pivotal roles in providing a first impression of your organisation to your customers – whether this is done explicitly or subtly. It totally reinforces brand identity and garners both the absolute trust and respect of your target audience. Typically, the higher quality the signage, the better the impression left.
Here at Select, we understood a simple concept that is commonly overlooked by most organisations:
- Organisations need more business
- Business is created by relationships
- Relationships are nurtured in real life, physical interactions
- Your physical space still matters greatly
- Signage is an indispensable part of your physical space
Some organisations have understood and acted on this logic, in order to beat the competition. This information isn’t new knowledge and many other institutions and business have covered how vitally important physical space branding is and further ways in which you can improve it.
Stating it simply, here are our 4 main reasons explaining why signage is so important for branding:
- Consistency: As humans, we both consciously and unconsciously try to figure out whether someone or something is authentic and trustworthy. When your signage matches the rest of your brand, this creates immediate trust.
- Professionalism & Respect: Respect and authority is
important in both staff and customers. A person’s immediate environment is heavily linked to their behaviour and thoughts. A quality, personalised sign system in an organisation’s headquarters accomplishes this effectively.
- Attention to Detail: There’s nothing better than an organisation that takes notice of all the finer details of their brand. This ties back into the idea of consistency and building the image you want in your customer’s mind.
- Premium: Many brands want to be elevated to that ‘Premium’ standard that we all know and value. Nothing quite says ‘We’re the best’ like a sleek, well-executed sign system at a corporate headquarters.
Signage can be bought from a number of different sources with a very broad range in quality. At Select, we believe a quality sign systems that gives a sense of a seamless brand and professionality within an organisation are far better than other, less cohesive options.
Supplying the best sign systems on the market. Get a quote now.Get A Quote